Well I got up today with a sore throat and a stuffy nose but I have triumphed over them and done a few things anyway. I set 19 sets of seeds of Morning Glory seeds to soak for planting tomorrow. A drop of detergent and a couple mils of bleach (hope that does not kill them) to help soak the seed coats. An experiment! Also planted some coir pellets from Lee Valley with Echinacea "Pink Parasol" from Thomson and Morgan. I hope they work as they are very uneven in size! Don't look as good as Jiffy pellets.Also planted a few seeds of Catalpa speciosa and Catalpa ovata from Gardens North. I also transplanted my Clematis mandschurica and a few C. heracleifolia to 6" pots. I am using Sunshine mix No 4 with about 10% playground sand from Homedepot.
Because this is a course mix I use coffee filters in the bottom of the pot. I also planted seeds of Viola "Comedy Mix F2" from Mr. Fothergill Seeds, Viola "Blackjack" from Gardeners Choice and Viola "yellow" from our own plants. As well there were a few seeds of a yellow pansy and a poppy from my sister in Vernon. (If you read this, send me the name again!)Then it was time for a little walk around to see what was out of the snow and here they are. I have no idea what the little red guy is unless it is just leaves. Or a a new plant called Artificialis nylonis, ha!



Finally here is a picture of some watering cans which I bought for my wife who is helping with a fund raising project for the World Hunger Fund which is a Mission Fund of the Brethren in Christ Church. Cute bunch of kids on the couch!

1 comment:
Congrats on stuff growing outside! I have yet to see much, because our snow is still not melted. I'm still hoping to see some bulb blooms this month though.
Post a Comment