Well we took in the fireworks celebrating Canada Day here in Saskatoon. Our viewing point was some distance away but we did see the high ones well!What's happening on the farm these days? Well the columbine continue to bloom and many are setting seed. It has been a great display. Now the lilies are starting and will continue for many days so I should have pictures. Hope to post pictures tomorrow of a number of different plants.

I have been taste testing my Japanese Edible Blue Honeysuckle (sometimes known as Haskap) and find the flavours quite interesting. Pictures of those to follow here as well. I have about 60 plants to transplant soon.
I have also been planting Clematis both named plants and seedlings. Still more to go. Tonite I dumped a number of ziplocks of seed where I hope to find them if they grow yet. There are still more in the basement germinating!
Also put down some lily seed of L. dauricum, L. canadense, and L. columbiana. I had poor germination indoors so am trying another set. 
Photos are courtesy my wife's cousin's husband. Complicated enough!
I just cannot keep up with 3 blogs so all the updates will be here. Photos are - my garden welcome, Dianthus, an unnamed yellow Iris, our windmill and Barbary Corsair Daylily.
2 comments:
I would love to grow Haskap, but haven't found any this year. Hopefully it becomes better known so the greenhouses start carrrying it here.
Find a link to cmmwiebe on GardenBuddies.com in the Clematis forum and send me email.
Post a Comment