This is just a quick post to extend best wishes for the New Year. Also want to share a photo of Gloriosa rothschildiana from a friend on Facebook.
His comment was that this plants flower is to them in this season something like our snow. But I am sure it is not as cold!!
Here is a link to a good topic with pics on the GardenWeb forums for other examples.

4 comments:
Happy New Year to you, Clayton! Thanks for the bright, cheerful picture. :)
Thank you. I enjoy your writings and photos. It should be noted that this non lily is growing wild in Zambia.
I started to hybridize day lilies four years ago. This past summer is the first summer some bloomed. More will happen in 2011. It has been a wonderful experience. You can checkout a number of my "never before seen" day lilies if you check my blog using Google search engine: gardensatwaterseast.blogspot.com/ I posted a number of them earlier this January. Amazing what comes from the different parents! Let me know your thoughts. Jack
Jack
Lots of great photos!
I have seedling Daylilies as well but not from my own efforts. It is great fun to watch them get to blooming stage.
Post a Comment