Well here I am up at 5:30 am and checking out some of my favourite garden blogs.
You should really drop over to Providence Acres Farm for lots of helpful information on garden growing and using the produce. Sheryl is also an artist and I am pleased to have one of her paintings.
Then you can drop in on a very northern and knowledgeable gardener with landscaping talents at Northern Exposure Gardens. Lisa is growing in some of the toughest conditions here in Central Saskatchewan.
And for some very artistic and poetic times slip over to Gardening with Latitude and meet the Garden Ms.S. She always has great photos and stories to share!
You could also go and meet Norah in Brandon Manitoba on their blog Aagaard Farms The Vine. And I just realized this morning that they have a Farm Web site as well! Not sure how I missed that Norah.
For some interesting observations on growing Edible Blue Honeysuckle, and again a northern person at Swan River Manitoba, meet Craig who has a number of blogs on different topics. You can find him at Sharing the Little Purple Berry and My Edible Blue Honeysuckle Orchard for starters.
There are others whose blogs I drop in on from time to time but these are the folks I follow on a regular basis.Each one has added a degree of joy to life and gardening for me so thanks to you all.
Here is one of those which was a real favourite several years ago. Ewa in the Garden is a great place to visit! She does great little stories of gardens and parks and other sites in Poland and illustrates with lots of photos.
Sadly I find the blog loads very slowly now and I just don't go there!
Another place I visit and post pictures of my flowers (mostly Clematis and Columbines) is the Gardenbuddies Forums. Look for cmmwiebe under Clematis in the Garden and Aquilegias in the Garden.
So on Canada Day 2011 have a great day and be glad for the place you live and garden. There is no place like home.

3 comments:
Hope you have a great weekend. I have a list of places to do a Canada Blog Hop on my blog.
Hi Clayton, a very happy Canada Day to you and your family! Thanks for the shout-out. :) You are right, there is no place like home and I am so proud that Canada is mine. Enjoy!
Thanks for the mention, Clayton! I've found some of my favorite blogs through you. Now I have a couple more to check out.....when I find some time! Hope you liked the website! If you're ever in Brandon, come and meet the goatlings!
Post a Comment