Wednesday, May 9, 2012

So spring is here for sure!

Well today was a near record breaker for high temperature at 26C! Wow!
The downside is:
Weeds are growing way too fast;
I am going for shoulder surgery tomorrow so work is at a standstill; and
gardens need tilling, weeds pulling and seedlings need planting. Ouch! I think I will have to call in some friends. Its way too much for a one armed guy and his wife!

On to the good stuff.
Some Edible blue honeysuckle seedlings are doing very well even if there are not many of them.


And I just love the Blue Hepatica nobilis! The other Hepatica is not showing any sign of buds yet but I am hoping.

So many things are just coming and I am so thankful for what will come and bloom even if I don't give it a lot of help.

6 comments:

Aagaard Farms said...

Good luck with the shoulder! Hope you have a fast and easy recovery! And I hope you find a little help for the garden - so that the weeds don't get too far ahead!

Clayton said...

Thanks for dropping in. I took a quick look around this morning and wow is stuff growing! So we will see what the summer brings.

Thanks for the kind thoughts. Hope your spring planting goes well there with all you folks have going on.

Northern Beauty Seeker said...

What a pretty blue flower! I'm wondering if blue flowers are particularly tough as it seems a lot of the spring bloomers in my neighbourhood are blue.

Good luck with the shoulder! The garden will still be there so no worries. :)

Clayton said...

They really are spectacular when you see them face to face - so to speak. Interestingly the violas are shades of blue to violet and yellow so there are a few that fall out of that criteria. But then the wild violets and others of the cultured spring flowers like Scilla do show a great blue show.

I have about 10 pots of Hepatica (many flower/anther combos)seeded but this is the second spring and only one or two seedlings seem to be coming out of many!

Angela said...

Your plants look great...very healthy!

Clayton said...

Hi Angela
Nice to have you drop by. I am missing posting about so many things but being one armed for a few weeks mean I must choose my priorities! Like digging dandelions! There are Columbines, Clematis and fruit shrubs blooming everywhere. Or some well budded but not open yet. Maybe I will get some pics and posts soon.

Clayton