Sunday, July 8, 2012

This week it is roses

We have spectacular flower production this year on the roses which have survived.  The first group are the dwarf potted types you buy at Walmart or wherever for $4.95. I have taken to planting them out and have some which are now in their third season! No names but some are the Kordana series if I remember. They produce an abundance of perfect flowers if the wind does not get to beat them up. Some of these look pretty but are flawed because of the weather.



 The next 4 are from the Parkland series and I am sorry to say the id markers have disappeared! I think they are some of the hardiest we have grown.
1) is a not sure
2) Morden Amorette




 3) Morden Fire Glow It is the least hardy here and I am surprised it is still producing flowers.
 4) Morden Blush is always a heavy producer. Sadly thy do no get well looked after.
 Next are several of the Explorer series and no labels available.

 A really beautiful single which has lasted for years. It could be Betty Prior
 Pink Grootendorst
Therese Bugnet. I will get a better picture once the rain and wind stop.
Another Explorer "William Baffin"
 And Henry Kelsey
 This is a Rosa woodsii and I am sure it had a selection name as well since it seems to have smaller flowers.
 A very pretty floribunda type.

2 comments:

Northern Beauty Seeker said...

Your roses are looking great! Thank goodness for so many hardy roses.

We just planted a Cuthbert Grant, a small red Parkland series rose. So far, we are loving it.

Clayton said...

They are great and I do not take good care of mine so they could do better.

Clayton