Monday, November 12, 2012

November News 1

Well I went looking for my camera today since the sun finally shone and I could not find it easily so did not take any pictures. It was a snow blowing day and there was a lot to blow. Sadly I did not get all of the first one blown away so some was pretty hard and heavy. It looks good now and there is still about 1/2 hour or so to go.

Over the last couple of weeks I was able to set Lily seeds to germinate.This is how I did them and I am not sure how it will work out.


 I filled these plastic shoe boxes about 2/3 full, spread the seeds on and then spread a layer of Horticultural grade vermiculite over the top. I am hoping to have less disease with the vermiculite so we will see.
 I had a tray of Ryerbies which I should have cleaned up and put in the fridge for storage but did not. So I transplanted them in with some tomatoes which I am trying to keep alive. The heat is on in the work shop so I hope it will be enough to let them all survive.
 These are some Amaryllis bulbs which survived the summer and I am cold treating to see if they will bloom. I think they need some dark time too.

A mix of potted material which are set for winter but need some more snow protection.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hi Clayton, greetings from Northern Ontario. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/