Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Evening walk around

Well I cut some grass today in the wind and finally gave up from the trash and cuttings in my face. It was not a bad day but really dirty to cut grass.



Found this strange mark in the grass beside the house. And this little guy kinda at the end of the groove. No clues as to his demise.







Very old tulips (more than 35 years) blooming again in front of our house amongst the lilies.


This row was all the bulbs I could dig out from the group in front of the house. Very nice.


Seedling lilies growing in the greenhouse. There is as large a group in the workshop but they were to close to blooming to take a chance putting them out.

Martagons getting a good start.


Martagon seedlings. Seed came from the Alsace Lorraine area in Europe on the right and from Poland lower.

5 comments:

Northern Beauty Seeker said...

Love you tulips! Isn't it great to finally have some colour in the garden. I could spend all my days there. :)

Clayton said...

Well nice to hear from you. I have been missing all the latest posts since I cleaned out my Google Reader. Now moved over to Yahoo and am slowly getting back to reading posts again.

I find it so interesting to walk around and see who survived and then eventually to get the color bursts as plants begin to bloom. We are plagued by dandelions here and especially in areas where I cannot cultivate easily. I want to start spraying with 7% vinegar and see if I can get rid of some of the pest plants as time goes on here.
Clayton

Northern Beauty Seeker said...

I am fighting my neighbour's goutweed that has come under the fence and found a nice garden bed to make itself at home in. The more I pull it out the more it comes back two days later. Arg! Maybe I shoul try vinegar too. :)

Clayton said...

One of the worst for sure! Can you get a barrier in the ground along the fence. Probably need to be at least a foot down to stop it.

Not sure if you are interested but I am posting spring flowers in my Facebook albums which I think you can see without being a friend. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151691484031155.1073741832.532691154&type=3
Clayton

Northern Beauty Seeker said...

FB doesn't let me in. :( Still, I always enjoy visiting your blog.