Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sunday musings




Well what a great day! Snowbanks going down and water gathering and I was sure I heard a robin this morning. We will listen tomorrow and see if we see it. Went to uncover several clematis plants under trees this afternoon. One was green! Still ice in the area and of course gathering water all around. I have been transplanting cuttings started in peat pellets. I peel the net off before I plant them and try not to damage the roots. One cutting of honeysuckle already had roots growing outside the net (started March 8). These are the new growth from the seedlings so I am really pleased. I used a rooting hormone gel. I will have somewhere around 50 or so honeysuckles just from seed and cuttings!
Made up a new mix to try in my Lee Valley seed starter. 3 parts by volume vermiculite and 1 part Schultz potting soil. They always get too wet with seedling mix soil or soil.
Clematis are growing but no new seedlings which is disappointing.

No comments: