Well I feel like I have been away for a long time. Certainly not time to concentrate here. Thanks to everyone who drops by and especially to those who leave a comment. I really appreciate that!Well spring is finding it's way to our corner of the world and the snow is going but the temperatures are still cool with days in the + 1-6 C and nights to -5 C or so. Some seeds are in starting trays and many more to go as I have gathered a number of seeds of Morning Glory (15-20 types or varieties) and also have 20 or more types of Columbine with very interesting sources.
Aside from that, there are packages of commercial seeds which I bought on sale but I think they will need to go into the garden and start there as I am running out of space under lights. I have 3 seed trays 11 x 24 (smaller cells) from Lee Valley planted with Edible Blue Honeysuckle seeds from Poland and Russia. No seedlings yet though. Then there are 3 trays of Nanking Cherry and Evans cherry seeds from different sources. In the Nankings I am looking for a larger fruited plant and in the Evans I am looking to see if there will be any segregation based on the pollinators around them and just seed variability. Evans is supposed to come nearly true to itself.
There are also trays of daylily seedlings, white dahlias, and Clematis.
The picture is my 2 viticellas blooming and growing. Just transplanted to these 4 l decorative pots.
Besides this there are numerous Clematis in baggies that I am waiting to have germinate. They are all in the fridge at this point and will come out in a couple of weeks. You can see some of my seedling Clematis on GardenBuddies Clematis forum under the thread "Some babies in the nursery"
On another topic, I have been told that Tim Hortons (Canada's favourite donut and coffee shop and the largest) uses MSG to enhance the flavour. Where are the myth busters on this one!
Well Easter is one of my favourite family gathering times and I really appreciate the effort many churches go to to Celebrate. Those who believe receive a major boost and encouragement after the dark days of winter and this is good! To me this is a significant faith celebration and a good time to take stock of life. Good News is hard to find these days.
1 comment:
Wow - 20 kinds of morning glories! It sounds like running out of space for seedlings will definitely be a problem. Personally, I'm thinking of expanding the basement garden into the bay window of the master bedroom. Poor husband will have to put up with it! I can't live without just a FEW more seedlings.
Post a Comment