Friday, May 16, 2008

Columbines

For those who might be interested. These are all from collected seed and open pollinated.
From England:

Aquilegia olympica

Aquilegia Woodside variegata dark

Aquilegia vulgaris Sunburst ruby

Aquilegia vulgaris Tower light blue

Aquilegia caerulea Mckana Giants

Aquilegia clematiflora Mixed shades

Aquilegia Yellow foliage

Aquilegia vulgaris William guiness

Aquilegia White rock

Aquilegia vulgaris Electric blue

Aquilegia chrysantha flora plena

Aquilegia vulgaris vervaeneana 'Woodside Variegata Marbled Blue

Aquilegia skinneri


From another English gardener on a trade:

Dark purple Doubles

Dark crosses doubles

Dark Blue with white tips doubles

Raspberry Red with white tips Doubles

From Mike Miller in Chicago:

#1 and # 2 Are tall purple color likely vulgaris/clematiflora hybrids

Aquilegia flabellata hybrid dwarf blue with white markings

From calla1023 in Pennsylvania:

Aquilegia hybrida Royal Purple

Aquilegia X cultorum Danish Dwarf

Aquilegia flabellata var. pumila Kurilensis Rosea

Auilegia viridiflora Chocolate Soldier

Aquilegia X hybrida Sunlight White


From Miroslaw in Poland:

Aquilegia ?

Aquilegia flabellata

Aquilegia variegata

and a Dwarf "Cameo White" from La Vie en Rose Gardens.

Also have seed from:
Alpine Columbine "Dwarf Blue"
Aquilegia alpina
Aquilegia "Nora Barlow"


Sadly there are a number which have not come up yet.

I have a number of plants from the first group in pots and would gladly sell them locally here in Saskatoon.


2 comments:

Gardenista said...

Wow, that certainly is a diverse collection and you have some great seed sources! I suppose you won't have too many flowers till next year, but you'll have to take pictures when they come.

Clayton said...

Well many from the first list are in their second year and I expect they will bloom though possibly sparsely.
I hope I can keep them all identified.