Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happenings

Well the rain has settled in again today. We had 1.5 inches over the weekend when we were trying to have a family BBQ. So I cooked burgers on the stove and we partied indoors for the evening. We bought a very nice portable gazebo for our son's wedding on May 1 and have the frame up but have still not had the cover on it!
Well we are slowly getting things planted out although there are still a few plants in the greenhouse. I am very excited about some seedling lilies which should bloom this summer and also another group which are coming along and will be transplanted in late summer. They are a mix of Asiatics and Trumpets and others.

There are also a number of seedling Clematis (more than 70)  coming in the basement plant room. WOW!
Hopefully there will be time next week (I work 4 days this week) to get some pictures and stories up. Like how many Columbines died and why? How come some very old Clematis still have not begun growing? Will the seedling Clematis planted last fall bloom?
 What kind of lily is this? Lots to explore but so little time.
Stay tuned and I will try to get at these and other interesting things.

1 comment:

Northern Beauty Seeker said...

Can't wait to see more! :)