Some years ago when the price was very good we bought a lot at Pebble Baye on Iroquois Lake, Saskatchewan. To this day we have not built a cabin as we realized it was like being in the country (just a smaller area) and we already live in the country. So we go once or twice usually in spring and cut grass, prune a few trees and visit Shell Lake to have dinner in the restaurant adjacent to the golf course. All a good trip. Today I was there and a fellow who lives there part time had already cut the grass (we had a deal going last year to do this) so all I could do is some pruning and a little grass whipping.
But while there I thought I would take a few pictures of the plants or things growing there. And along the way are a number of places where the beavers are taking up residence.
So morrel mushrooms, vetch, horizontal juniper, orchids, a blue butterfly (digital enhanced out of focus), wild strawberry, wild blue violet, and wild orchids are there along with a number of other plants for which I did not get pictures.









2 comments:
Mother nature does a pretty good job of ornamention when she is so inclined. Looks like a lovely spot!
I've never seen that orchid before in person. So lovely!
Post a Comment