Friday, June 11, 2010

There must have been a train........see the tracks

Well if this old adage is true, we missed a live one last night or this morning............. there are tracks!
There has been talk of moose siting is the area south of the city of Saskatoon but this is thre first evidence I have seen of them being in our neighborhood. Sorry we missed it.

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

We live in Dundurn and last year, while landscaping the backyard, we had a momma and baby moose walk across the yard and into the town. They walked right through our new pond, across the garden and through the flower beds right beside our house!

Eek! Not sure I'd want to run into a momma moose first thing in the morning!

Northern Beauty Seeker said...

How exciting! They occasionally wander up the ravine we live next too and sometimes end up in the adjoining neighbourhoods. I want to see one in ours! :)

Clayton said...

Thanks for dropping by. They are becoming somewhat of a nuisance here abouts as they do a lot of damage walking thru fences. This one walked through the garden and my new lily/clematis nursery and through the corner of the Blue Honeysuckle nursery as well. Hooves big enough to trample most plants!They do not have a lot of social skills would be my guess.

Anonymous said...

The biggest wild visiter to my garden would be a raccoon. And then, I have a bunny rabbit living under my shed...A moose eh? Wow,that's pretty exciting!!
Happy gardening!
Jennifer