Well this was the sight after 6 am this morning when I went out to take some pictures. Quite dense fog all around and heavy dew on the grass. I always enjoy this time for picture taking as there is usually something interesting. So a few pictures from this morning and a past morning. Too bad I 'm not a story teller but I know a good one over at Gardening with Latitude so make sure you drop over to her place.
These little roses are so elegant. I fooled the camera by focusing on a white page and then taking the picture. Best I can do with what I have. There were so many spider webs covered with dew this am as well so they were worth trying to get something unusual as well. I did not get what I thought was a good picture and I am not into "Photoshopping" my pictures. All in all though a great morning to be out.Seedling lilies and daylilies are doing very nicely and also the Clematis integrifolia seedlings. (I am finishing this on Thursday morning and it rained in the night so it is very wet again.) There are still a number of Clematis seedlings to pot up into 6" pots as they are starting to send out vines and really need more space. I think there are about 70 in total that have survived. Also planted up some Clematis recta seedlings as well as some of the lilies. Growing lilies in pots is a learning process as I have had several pots where the roots have rotted off due to overwatering. Too bad but they looked so dry!See some pics at the end of this post. Other things doing very well are some seedling Cleome which are a first here. I like them as a kind of hedge. Thought I had a picture but will get one later this morning. ![]() |
| Platycodon |

![]() |
| Clematis integrifolia "Rosea" seedling |
![]() |
| Clematis integrifolia "Olgae" seedling |
![]() |
| Lilium Sun God |
![]() |
| Lilium (trumpet from seed) |
![]() |
| Lilium (trumpet from seed) |








3 comments:
Hi Clayton,
Beautiful photos! I am currently in rainy Winnipeg and missing my garden. :) Thought I would take a little quiet time to peek at some of my favourite garden blogs. Your photo of the roses looks spectacular and I love the spiderweb. I also really, really like your trumpet lily. The greenish white colour is stunning and the shape is so elegant.
Hoping to get to the English Garden here in the Assinibione park here before I head back just so I get a gardening fix. :)
Thanks so much for the very kind shout-out! :)
Looks beautiful! You captured the dragonfly and spider web excellently!
Thanks for dropping in. IT has been very interesting to go out early in the mornings here with so much mist and the dew heavy.
My trumpets are mostly all in pots so I am sure hoping to get them planted out for winter. With it being so wet it will be hard to do that and keep them from rotting!
Post a Comment