Well my wife Marg and I celebrated year 32 today and decided to have a noon meal out and visit some greenhouses. A very good day and we did come home with a few plants! Many others beckoned put we did not take them up on it. Here is the place we went to for lunch. They have just added these two extensions and so the barn is becoming invisible. Too bad, but it is a great place to eat and we highly recommend it. These dear old folks were keeping an eye on the door!I was able to pick up a couple of mini pots of roses which will get planted into the flower beds once the danger of frost is gone. They are the least expensive rose additions you can make and if they only last for one summer that is OK too. The ones I planted last year seem to have all made it through the winter so I am looking forward to the flowers again this year. These two do not have name tags (Friday am - I realizes they might have a label on the pot and sure enough there was. They are Kordana series.)so I don't know what or where they come from other than Safeway! The ones from last year were Cupido minis. Sadly there is not a lot of info I can find on this series.
The other plants which were looking very nice were the Clematis which is one of my all time best flower groups as I have about 70 or so including seedlings! Many of these were blooming as were the ones I saw at Home Depot the other day.







4 comments:
Thirty-two years deserves a day out! It is so inspiring to see such commitment. We are coming up on our tenth later this year and I am already excited.
Congratulations to you both. :)
Congratulations on your long and successful marriage. My wife and I have been married 29 years this December. I didn't realize it had been so long until I figured it out with pen and paper after reading your post.
I like the roses. When we lived in Italy, roses liked the volcanic soil and my wife grew magnificent roses that covered the whole outer wall of our little villa by the sea. She's never had any luck here, though. Too cold in the winter.
Ah, the berry barn. It's been a while since I had perogies and saskatoon berry pie there.
Heh all! Thanks for dropping by. Spring is challenging and fulfilling at the same time. I grow so many things from seed so the variety is nearly endless.
You can see pictures of Clematis and Columbines on the GardenBuddies
forums. http://www.gardenbuddies.com/forums/
Lisa the food at the Berry Barn has gotten better in our experience and the atmosphere in their updated deck area is very nice. They are watching for flooding as the Saskatchewan River rises due to high melt in the mountains.
Post a Comment