Thoughts and information on garden growing on the Canadian Prairies
Saturday, April 30, 2011
Some helpful spring information
There have been several articles which have caught my eye recently and you can find them here(soil and roots) and here (repair grafting).
Here is some of our spring water which by now has gone down very well.
That looks mighty desolate! I've never been there, but my two kids went to school in British Columbia, in Victoria and Vancouver. I'll bet you get some great views at night though, flat and empty like that.
This is just outside the city of Saskatoon (about 4 miles). Our home look toward the city so we see the lights moving toward us over the last 30 years. There are no better sunrises or sunsets than here on the prairies. I grew up on the edge of the Canadian Shield in the forest belt and it has taken me a long time to enjoy the view and disregard the wind!
Some great links - thanks, Clayton. I'm going back to read the Michelle Owens piece a little more carefully! High water around here, although not at the farm. It's still snowing - we've had a good four inches! Not really what the flood situation needed! Stay safe and warm!
3 comments:
That looks mighty desolate! I've never been there, but my two kids went to school in British Columbia, in Victoria and Vancouver. I'll bet you get some great views at night though, flat and empty like that.
This is just outside the city of Saskatoon (about 4 miles). Our home look toward the city so we see the lights moving toward us over the last 30 years. There are no better sunrises or sunsets than here on the prairies. I grew up on the edge of the Canadian Shield in the forest belt and it has taken me a long time to enjoy the view and disregard the wind!
Some great links - thanks, Clayton. I'm going back to read the Michelle Owens piece a little more carefully! High water around here, although not at the farm. It's still snowing - we've had a good four inches! Not really what the flood situation needed! Stay safe and warm!
Post a Comment