The new planting of honeysuckle seedlings have their own drip system and the older plants are getting theirs by rainwave sprinkler. You have to look very close to see the water but it is there. I think I might have mentioned it once or twice before but using a rototiller to cultivate creates very hard ground with no organic matter there to work in.You can see in this shot that I have been adding dry leaves (more to come for sure) so I am trying to get a better soil base for this nursery.
There is one lonely Anemone sylvestris still blooming. I think it was fooled by the weather change.
The season came to an end for lilies as well and I had made a few crosses so I cut the stems off and put them into a vase to finish out. I used the crystal mix you get with cut flowers for a while and they seem to be staying quite well. Soon time to dry out and harvest.
And here are some late harvested heads from lilies. I really like the feet out of panyhose for this as they allow great air movement and are fine enough to keep out insects. I did not get these on early so who knows what might be going on in these pods.
Some plants set good fruit even if they are not edible (I tried since the robins are still here and trying to eat the fruit!) This is Cotoneaster lucidus.
There are also about 60 pots of Edible Blue honeysuckle which really need an earthly home. As in planted somewhere!
This is a planting with a number of EBH seedlings and you can see one type which do not like the dry at all. See those with very dry leaves.
These are the feathery seeds of Clematis "Toki" which did have a few good blooms and set quite a bit of good seed. Most of my Clematis have seeds but I am not a serious collector as I do not seem to get time to distribute them and I do not need more plants to tend.
And finally these seedling Iris "Diamond Blush" plants are still waiting for a place to grow. Am I too late to transplant? We'll see because they need to get set out this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment