Monday, December 30, 2013

Year end 2013

Well I must say that my posting here has nearly come to a complete stop. I have fallen into the Facebook handiness for posting pictures and just find the contact times more interesting. Lots of pictures in the albums there and I do invite new friends there if they are interested in the same hobbies.

Since this is the end and beginning I was looking back to find pictures of my greenhouse which has a 6 mil construction grade poly skin and is still going. I punched a hole in it with the snow blower but taped it up and it stands firm. Here is the framing starting in April 2008.

 Finished May 2009. The wood has weathered but it still stands firm. Only thing missing is a good heat source.

Looking forward there is a large space where I sold 120 Edible Blue Honeysuckle plants. So I want to mix in some leaves and maybe some wheat straw and plant lilies in the space. Also collected a few 100 grams of lily seeds which I need to sort out and share or plant.

Thought this article I wrote a few years back might be helpful for spring planting.

Not much for pictures to post but maybe we can meet over on my Facebook page.

There is a good article by Stanley Zubrowski in the Winter Issue of "the Gardener". He gave me some credits for photos he used; by permission of course. Sadly their web site is not very helpful so you have to find it on the magazine shelves if it is not gone already.


Happy New Year to all.



3 comments:

Northern Beauty Seeker said...

Hi Clayton, and Happy New Year to you! I'm sure you've got lots going in your basement in preparation for spring.
Lots of snow here so good coverage for my newer plants and shrubs. I know I'm getting excited early about spring, but I just feel like it will be a good one for us in the prairies this year. (Call me crazy...!). :)

Clayton said...

Nice to hear from you. I have not started anything. There are a couple of trays of lily seedlings out in my workshop which I keep at + 5 C or so and that is it. I have a bunch of trumpet lily seeds but have not looked at them since I cleaned the pods and put them in the freezer.

Maybe I will get something going soon.
Regards.

Sheryl at Providence North said...

Nice greenhouse! One day I will build one...