Friday, September 13, 2019

Copied from an email sent to a California gardening friend!

1) Your seed Clematis 327-1 seems to have some issues which I don't recognize - soil or watering or disease? Mottling is darker than this appears!
Clematis 327-1.jpg

2) Clematis viticaulis dying from the bottom - treatment same as the rest. I moved the soil away from the stem but is this typical?
Clematis viticaulis seedlings.jpg

3) Clematis crispa by Gazelle - so nice plants and looking forward to the flowers! So far they all look like crispa - vines!
Crispa x Gazelle.jpg

4) Commercial plants from Costco - Sold as Golden Tiara, tagged as Golden Harvest and came out as Clematis My Angel!
unnamed.jpg
My Angel 2.jpg

5) A seedling find - not sure of the source since I have many around.
69179148_10157727268726155_8894310342922862592_n.jpg

6) The Datong Shan from Wrightmans given to me by Stanley! Not as waxy as it first appeared!
datong Shan.jpg

Many seedlings and we are coming to the end of summer so giving serious thought to whether I need to pot up one more time or just keep them trimmed back through winter and give them the full growth opportunity in spring.

This is a hybrid seedling from seed sent by Deborah H.
IMG_20190909_165531ac.jpg  
IMG_20190909_165534ac.jpg

This is the flower of a commercial plant picked up at Home Depot. Plant came from cutting via commercial grower Clearview Horticultural.
IMG_20190909_165605ac.jpg

IMG_20190909_165615ac.jpg

 I am still looking for seed from some sources but I think we will be on the move in the next 12 months so also have to plan that into my growing. Not likely to a place with growing area!

Take care fellow gardeners!

No comments: