This little Clematis is coming slowly but it is growing. Its' partner is growing in a terrarium in the TV room and doing very well.So it was time to set some more Clematis seed to germinate so I set another 9 baggies with vermiculite. I hope they will do just well enough to get a couple from each!
Seeds are: These are from my own plants.
Clematis alba luxurians
Clematis Madame Julia Correvon
Clematis durandii op but grew with General Sikorski
Seeds from Richard H in EnglandClematis viticella sp
Clematis integrifolia Floris V
Clematis integrifolia alba
Clematis integrifolia Olgae
Clematis integrifolia Rosea
Clematis integrifolia Tapestry
3 comments:
Hello Clayton! Thanks for stopping by! :) I started Richard's seeds a few weeks ago and now I am in trouble because I do not have lights set at home. Actually there never was a need because of our rather mild winters. But the Integrifolia seeds germinated very fast! Some had 100% germination rate! I just did not expected that. It is still too cold outside for Integrifolia top growth (Integrifolia tends to go dormant) and the conditions at my house are not right for seedlings... they tend to dump off. What I want to say Clayton...be prepared for lots of babies!! I keep my fingers crossed that some of my babies will make it out there...I should have started mine a little later. Learning that Clematis seeds can germinate in 10 days or so, too.
Wow! I am not really ready for that either but I do have lights on as I have other plants but still so many babies! We will see.
There is some kind of integrifolia (?) making a bud in the terrarium so there will be some flowers here in the cold (-29 C this am). Had you stored the seeds before you planted? Any other treatment?
From my previous year's sowing experiment, Integrifolia seeds should not be put into fridge... stratification sets off the germination. I always soak all my seeds first in warm water and recently I have been using a dash of GA3 treatment (got some in powder form from Kristl). Very convenient and reliable.
Clayton, I remember your last winter's blooms! I do hope you can show us a few this year as well! They are just so special at this time of the year. I my mild winter climate I still have C.cirrhosa and C.urophyla blooming outside and C.armandii buds getting bigger and bigger... :)
Post a Comment