So today both the Robins and the Meadowlarks arrived. Their songs and chirpng greeted me when I went out to let the dogs into their run. What a great welcome to the morning!This afternoon I was walking in the Edible Blue Honeysuckle nurseries and came upon these leaves out in the Japanese seedlings. Not sure if they are fresh or if they are leaves which had sprung out in late fall and will die when the real spring heat comes on. Curious!
Mouse home from the winter. They did more damage than I realized!

And the first flowers of spring. A yellow viola and a purple/mauve one.
Whoo hoo!



5 comments:
The first flowers - a major thrill of the year. :) I can't wait!
Robins AND flowers - you are spoiled. :)
The crows are back here and the robins can't be far behind. Spring has found the prairies at last - yay!
Spring seems to have found you: birds, blooms and mice nests! Ah, Spring on the Prairies!
Any more blooms in your garden yet? I've yet to get anything but hoping for the pulsatilla soon!
Happy Easter all!
Things are at a stand still here as there is still frost at night. I noticed some shoots on one of my Clematis mandshurica so that is quite amazing.
Hurry up and wait!!
Post a Comment