Monday, January 21, 2013

In the freezer but!


Well here we are in the cold again at -20C or more nights and cold days. Snowing has stopped some but last week I had 2 days when I blew fresh snow taking about an hour to hour and half to get the whole yard done. Thankfully it was soft and I could travel at full speed. I must put fresh bird seed out every second day as they are there early when the sun rises and some stay around till it goes down. We have a suet block and just feed the small black sunflowers. The birds coming these days are Redpolls and sparrows as well as the Magpies who come for the suet. Not much variety as there do not seem to be a lot of birds stay right here. Our neighbour has reported a Snowy Owl so now we will carry a camera as much as possible.

On the inside there are lily sees growing and some Narcissus bulbs in pebble trays. They are starting to sprout in the bags so now it is time to try and plant them in pots or whatever as there are at least 80 or so bulbs and it would be nice to get the blossoms in the winter. Time will tell.




 Ponkan Chinese Oranges. Like a Mandarin.
 Lily seedlings

 Winter scenes.

No comments: