Thursday, February 7, 2019

Fall sale produced several Clematis with missing labels. Now the flowers!

Fall of 2018 was a good time to shop at Home Depot for sales of their Clematis plants. The best prices were in the 3L pot size as they got down to +/- $5.00 per pot. I was able to get some closer to $4.00 when the labels were missing.

Since it was late I moved the plants all to the wood work shop and kept them growing. Now one is already blooming and I think ID is near at hand.





I picked this plant particularly because I liked the foliage which is round edged as opposed to being sharp as many types of Clematis are.

A Clematis friend on the Facebook Group "Crazy About Clematis'" has commented this Clematis could be Clematis "Piilu". This link will take one to the Clematis on the Web description. 

So far one flower has opened but more are coming!

Also coming are buds on Clematis venosa violacea so I will post a little bit about that as well as new germinations in my seed set up.











No comments: