The rain has caused such growth and greenery here on the prairies. And destruction in some places. Many fields will not be planted due to water sitting in all the low spots. Tough.
But there is good news and that is the flowers blooming exuberantly on many varieties of plants. I have been waiting to get a chance to post but will put up some links to my Picasa web albums for some unedited pictures of lilies, columbines, clematis and other stuff!
So enjoy the view. Another area of interest is the uncut grassy area I decided to leave to see what is growing. Here are a couple of pictures of this area. I have always wanted to see what would grow if we left this area without cutting the grass.




4 comments:
We had a wet spring like that last year. We had to leave a couple of previously tilled areas empty as they were under water until early June. We had ducks and Canada geese living in our garden space last spring!
We just had to till and plant in the high spots but it was enough. This year is much better!
I hope you have enough dry space for your garden!
Hi Sheryl.
We got everything in as far as the garden is concerned. One thing about our soil is that it does not stay wet long on top - or underneath for that matter it seems.
I still have some bedding flowers to put out and I have a couple tomatoes I want to grow in the greenhouse for summer. Lots of lilies from seed still coming and other stuff.
I'm wondering if you planted this area, or if these are self-seeding natives (weeds?) Great pictures, once again, Clayton!!
Norah
This area was planted at one point by my FIL but of course there are many winds here so much has blown in over the last 40 years. Also I see blue flax and that is from a wild flower seeding that we did some years ago. Things like dock and sage and others are native but the grasses would be some mix and there are things like Blue Grama Grass and others. I am looking forward to it reseeding itself.
Post a Comment