Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Some clean up comments

The gel germination project is over. There was germination on each plate but the Blue Honeysuckle seeds which are getting old. It works but I would sterilize the seeds with bleach or alcohol before placing them to germinate if I used this method again.

The survey is going well  (7 participants so far). I will post the data here and on my Blue Honeysuckle Blog when I get to 20 participants.

Today we are getting  a dump of snow and slightly cool. Probably will not last long but reminds us that the weather will be the weather.

3 comments:

Northern Beauty Seeker said...

We have the cool weather and snow, too. But the weather channel shows an arrow going up and up for the next two weeks. Bring it on! :-)

Sheryl at Providence North said...

We are having VERY cold weather -10c at night, but no snow. Its actually dry enough here to till, possibly, on Monday. I am looking forward to it, although it will be cold!

If the weather holds enough to get tilling done, I will also plant the peas.

I may try the gel method next year. Looks interesting!

Clayton said...

What is getting me is the number of cloudy gray days we seem to be having here. The temp is hovering at or near 0C and is supposed to warm up through the weekend. But really for us it will be a dry spring too if it clears away and warms up this early. When I worked at the University we planned to seed barley the last week in April or the first week of May.