Well the sun is shinning here and the snow is like little puffballs here and there so it is nearly gone. Time to begin to work outside and get yard cleanup done as well as cleaning up flower beds and fruit trees and shrubs. Had a great surprise as I had worked down with the rototiller a rather large area in front of our house and found that the tulips I thought I had gathered up were not all gone and now there is new growth.
These were in the ground for years as they were planted by my mother-in-law prior to us moving here in 1981. I dug up about 20 very tightly packed bulbs when I rototilled through here and thought I had them all! Now they look very healthy as the soil around them is quite loose. Nice


4 comments:
What a nice surprise!
I am hoping to be able to till up the gardens this week! What a thrill that will be! It rained yesterday, so I will probably have to wait a few more days.
Tulips are coming up! Spring must truly have arrived in Saskatchewan! Now, fingers crossed for no late, freak snowstorms.
How's it looking for you all in the flower beds and such? I see green, as in green quack grass starting so it will be an early touch of Roundup I think. This is the only chemical I use and even then sparingly.
Did some pruning tonight but cleanup is definitely in order everywhere.
Post a Comment